How you can help
By your side, our family caring for your family.
The Campaign to Expand
Hospice of the Rock River Valley.
For more than 30 years, patients and families have counted on Hospice of the Rock River Valley to provide comfortable and dignified hospice care in the Carroll, Bureau, Lee, Ogle, and Whiteside Counties.
End of life care requires compassion and an experienced team of specialized caregivers. Hospice of the Rock River Valley offers both, wherever you or your loved one needs care.
After conducting an assessment on end of life care in our area, Hospice of the Rock River Valley identified a need for alternative end of life options in our community. Hospice is available in many settings, with the hallmark for hospice care in the home of the patient, among family and friends. However, there are times when a caregiver is unable to care for the patient, or there is no caregiver or family residing close. And, at times, there are patients who simply have no family at all.
Now, Hospice of the Rock River Valley is ready to provide the specialized care you trust in a new hospice home where you or your loved one can rest easy, knowing everything will be taken care of so you can focus on enjoying your time together.
Mr. Richard Prescott shared Hospice of the Rock River Valley's vision of growing a tradition of compassionate hospice care. Prescott generously donated the land needed to build the new hospice home in Sterling and complete the continuum of care in the Rock River Valley.
Why do we need a Hospice Home?
- There is no other hospice home within 30 miles.
- A hospice home will enable us to offer three levels of care; Respite, Inpatient, and Residential.
- The number of aging baby boomers needing care is higher than the number of family caregivers available.
- The hospice home can provide assistance to caregivers needing extra help.
- Respite care will provide relief for caregivers if they need to be away.
- The hospice home will provide a specialized environment to treat patients with short term, acute medical issues.
- Six patient suites
- 24 hour care
- Chapel/Reflection Room
- An entirely handicapped accessible facility
- Family space with overnight accommodations for visitors
- Kitchen and dining service for patients and families.
- Respite Care
Growing State-of-the-Art Care
Hospice of the Rock River Valley plans to build a 14,000 square foot hospice home with six patient suites to provide end of life care. By building the hospice home, we ensure individuals needing hospice have a home like environment where they can receive the compassionate care they deserve.
"There has been an urgent need in our community for dedicated, intensive end of life care for those patients and families who need more than in-home hospice care. A hospice home is the natural next step for Hospice of the Rock River Valley to branch out to meet the needs of the Sauk Valley."
-Dr. Jason Reter,
Medical Director for Hospice of The Rock River Valley
How You Can Help
Building the Hospice of the Rock River Valley Center for Hospice and Palliative Care will require community wide support. When you're ready to help Hospice of the Rock River Valley grow our tradition of care, there are several ways you can give. Please choose the best way for you, and please give generously.
- Gifts will be accepted according the Hospice of the Rock River Valley's gift acceptance policies.
- Gifts may be made in cash or securities.
- Gifts can include bequests, real estate, life insurance and personal property.
- Matching gifts through your employer or spouse’s employer can double or even triple your gift.
- Pledges are encouraged and may be extended over a period of up to three years.
- Your gift may be made in honor or in memory of someone.
- Please know your gift to enhance Hospice of the Rock River Valley's tradition of care is tax deductible to the greatest extent of the law.
For more information on how you can help, call Carolyn Spencer, Hospice Home Project Manager,
at (815) 625-3858 or email email@example.com.
Several items from the Memorial Garden at the previous Route 2 location will be incorporated into the new garden design at the hospice home.
Copyright © 2014- Hospice of the Rock River Valley
Fax (815) 625-6152
2706 Avenue E
Sterling, IL 61081
Please give what you can and help us make a difference for families in our communities.
Festival Of Trees
The Rock River Hospice & Home Festival of Trees has become a holiday tradition. Stay up to date on the event on here.